Graduate Java Software Developer
Unisys offices in Milton Keynes
You must be eligible for, and will be required to obtain, SC clearance for this post.
We are seeking bright and ambitious graduates with programming skills and a degree in Computer Science to join our team as Graduate Software Developers. A key part of the role involves the on-going development of a Unisys product that provides records management and workflow functionality specifically to the Justice, Law Enforcement and Border Security industry segment.
You will be an integral part of the software development team, but will also have the opportunity to gain exposure to a range of departments and activities.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an understanding of the technology and configuration of the Unisys applications
- Undertake implementation work on different modules of the products as required and be able to switch comfortably between areas of the product when necessary
- Perform requirement analysis to create low level design artefacts for individual modules – translate requirements into designs
- Implement modules based on High Level Designs and as per the project’s quality guidelines
- Perform Unit tests and test developed changes in Integration
- Perform root cause analysis of potential issues reported on production as well as test environments
- Implement fixes to address defects raised on the system
- Assist in the configuration of Unisys applications based on business requirements.
- Analyse and resolve configuration issues
- Provide status updates to project managers
- Understand the business and come up with innovative ways to consistently improve the software and services we provide to our clients
- Rotate between various teams to learn our delivery approach and differing needs of our clients
- Work closely with senior members of the team, providing ad hoc support as and when required
- Demonstrate problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
A bit about you:
- A degree in Computer Science (preferably at least a 2.1)
- A strong interest in programming.
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills
- An eagerness to continually learn and self-improve
- Prepared to work across various departments to understand our full business
- Java frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate, Struts 2, MAVEN)
- Testing (e.g. JUnit)
- Relational databases such as Oracle, SQL, and Postgres
What do we offer?
- Convenient Milton Keynes location
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for progression and the chance to build a career within Unisys.
Unisys is a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions for the most demanding businesses and governments on Earth. Unisys offerings include security software and services; digital transformation and workplace services; industry applications and services; and innovative software operating environments for high-intensity enterprise computing. We build better outcomes securely for our clients across the Government, Financial Services and Commercial markets.