Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: 1st July 2019
Duration: 12 Months
The department is part of the larger Airbus ICT (Information Communication Technology) organisation. This organisation is
responsible for supporting Aircraft projects with the software tools they require.
The role is suitable for a student studying an IT-related degree, or a student studying an Engineering degree but with a keen IT
The intern will be assisting the core EAT (Engineering Application Toolkit) team with development & support of EAT. EAT is a transnational tool (based on Python) that can be used to provide solutions to complex engineering problems in multidisciplinary domains.
Tasks & accountabilities
During the internship you may be involved in:
- Integration of Eclipse Integrated Development Environment with EAT Framework
- Development of 'ezgui' library to simplify graphical user interface design for EAT development community
- Working closely with customers to design and develop application solutions in different Engineering domains (Stress
Engineering, Aerodynamics, Fuel Systems etc)
- Design, development & documentation of tools to enable the EAT support team to work more efficiently
Over the course of a placement year the intern will have an opportunity to learn various skills, including:
- Technical application development skills in a real environment
- Software development processes in a large company
- Knowledge of Engineering processes in the aerospace design industry
- Team working skills
- The opportunity to suggest & realise their own ideas for improving EAT
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement and should be studying towards an IT, programming or Engineering (with an interest is IT) degree, or similar.
You should also have the following skills:
- Good use of English
- Good IT skills
- Good written, verbal and communication skills
- Able to work on their own initiative