- Are you interested in modelling wireless communications systems?
- Do you want to work with a team of experts in the field?
- Do you want to improve your MATLAB and programming skills?
If you answered yes to these questions you should apply for this internship. You will get involved in the development of simulation models for the next generation (5G) of mobile communication systems. You will model systems with a number of base stations and mobile devices and investigate the effect of interference in the overall system throughput. You will receive hands on training on the use of MathWorks products and have the opportunity to work with other developers.
You will work with the wireless standards modelling development team in the area of 5G. Your responsibilities will be:
- Research system level modelling for 5G systems
- Generate simulation models for these systems and study their performance
- Present your findings and models to development teams and customer facing engineers
- Participate in reviews of new features for existing mobile communication products.
- Provide feedback to developers, quality and documentation engineers on their features
- Support the maintenance effort for existing products
- Candidates must be pursuing a master's level or a PhD level degree in a technical discipline.
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in the United Kingdom
- Experience in Signal processing and Communication systems
- Programming expertise
- Knowledge of 5G, LTE and/or WLAN systems is a plus
- Knowledge of communications system level simulations is a plus