Pick a point on a globe, and Maersk won’t be far away. With 80% of global trade carried by sea, there is a strong chance that the shoes on your feet or the phone in your pocket travelled to you on a Maersk vessel. Would you like to impact the daily lives of people in every corner of the world? Then keep reading.
This is your opportunity to gain valuable experience of working on key IT projects and really make your mark in a truly global organistion.
The distinctive feature of our year in industry is that we offer exciting and unique positions, working in the global head office for IT at Maersk.
While working for us, you will be given the opportunity to:
- Work with and learn from the best in the industry, while building a lasting diverse network spanning from your graduate peers to senior leaders.
- Gain valuable insight and experience of working in a fast-paced IT department within a global conglomerate.
- Contribute to the continued success of a well-established, market leader.
- Work in award winning offices with a great team of people.
You will ne working as part of our Networks Team. Your responsibilities will range from capacity management for systems within WAN, LAN, voice and video devices optimisation area, reviewing capacity plans with the capacity management boards to reporting on capacity, untilisation stats and irregularities.
You’ll gain valuable experience by shadowing members of the team, while being given responsiblity for your own workload to manage and complete.
We are looking for
You will be studying for a IT related degree and have knowledge of:
- Basic skills of Data and Voice
- Good understanding of Class of Service (CoS) and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Basic understanding of TCP Stack
- Basic knowledge of IP Address Management
- Knowledge of cloud technologies is desirable such as MS Azure
- Ability to work in collaborative manner with all Stakeholders including our Business community
- Good communication skills
- Analytical mindset
- Result-driven with persistence and consistency towards the solution of challenges
- SQL skills high desirable but not essential