Pick a point on a globe, and Maersk won’t be far away. With 80% of global trade carried by sea, there is a strong chance that the shoes on your feet or the phone in your pocket travelled to you on a Maersk vessel. Would you like to impact the daily lives of people in every corner of the world? Then keep reading.
This is your opportunity to gain valuable experience of working on key IT projects and really make your mark in a truly global organistion.
The distinctive feature of our year in industry is that we offer exciting and unique positions, working in the global head office for IT at Maersk.
While working for us, you will be given the opportunity to:
- Work with and learn from the best in the industry, while building a lasting diverse network spanning from your graduate peers to senior leaders.
- Gain valuable insight and experience of working in a fast-paced IT department within a global conglomerate.
- Contribute to the continued success of a well-established, market leader.
- Work in award winning offices with a great team of people.
You will be working with the Service Owner supporting on strategy, design and continual improvement which will involve:
- Data analysis and interpretation
- User engagement
- Project admin
- Working with strategic vendors to support the strategic goals of the wider business
You’ll gain valuable experience by shadowing members of the team, while being given responsiblity for your own workload to manage and complete.
We are looking for
You will be studying for a Business Information Technology or IT related degree and be able to demonstrate:
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Windows and Office, ideally intermediate for Excel)
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- The following IT skills/experience would be would be advantageous;
o Project Management (E.g. Prince or Agile)
o Service Management (E.g. ITIL)
o Data Analysis
o Device Management
o IT support
- An interest or experience of the below techonolgies would also be of benefit:
o Microsoft Office 365